Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hear Me Now,

You will never be alone.

The sky stayed closed around dusk, with cracks through the clouds like on an old sidewalk. The sun scorched across the bottom of the clouds making them pink, leaving the clouds above them looking mean with torturous blues and grays. Those mean clouds had been like that all day, making the world seem like a dreary place to be. As the sun hurriedly creped underneath them though, at the end of a long day, our past seemed to matter.
It was as though the time we spent apart was not even a day, and that we could go back in a brisk moment of remembrance. The sun trickled down through the clouds onto the water, and into our eyes making tears fall slowly. Our time together meant something, and our time together is now. Nothing here has neared its end, if anything, things are just beginning for the two of us.


Today I hung out with a bunch of kids again, so smiles were abundant. Mostly, I hung out with Zukie and my best childhood friend, Kelly. We road down to Crystal Beach and remembered for a little bit. We watched these two kids climb a tree we used to climb, and it looks so small now, we couldn’t help but laugh. Kelly has and always will be one of my closest friends, how can she not be? She knows who I am, what I’m proud of and what I’m not so proud of, most of all we have that mutual understanding towards each other. I’m not talking to her to prove a point, but just to talk to her. We listen to each other like we actually care about what the other person is saying. I don’t think there’s any other friends like the ones you grow up with, and who stick with you.
School has gotten harder this week, and the Devil has been invading my life like there’s no tomorrow! Jerk. I really need to get a few things right with God, we have quite a messy relationship right now, and it’s all on my part, I accept that much. I know God doesn’t tempt, but the Devil is really, very good at it. I’ve decided I’m going to start watching what I eat and exercising. Zukie and I have a mutual fear of getting fat, haha. Tomorrow is the long awaited and dreaded picture day!
This weekend I am hoping for a good weekend. I get to hang out with Dimitra tomorrow, Jasmin Saturday, and Stephanie possibly Sunday. I am amped, because I miss them all so much. It will be good to talk with Deedee, laugh with Jasmin, and hear Stephanie. I think the rest of this year is going to be eventful. Literally, straight up full of events. I’m really excited for the girls Chrysalis flight and also Fall Retreat to Warren W. Willis! I am completely thrilled.
I've really got to get to bed though. I'm so soar from bike riding on Kellys bike, hardest thing ever! Mile run this weekend! Woohoo for not BS-ing Hope online, because that would just be wrong, right? RIGHT. You want to know what else is wrong? Stella sleeping with some lab-rat when she should clearly be in bed with Mac Taylor! Goodness, goodness. Good thing Jordan covered for me with my tearing up story over that. Haha, I love her! Anyways, goodnight week 2 of junior year. :D

"My hearts like an open book for the whole world to read. Sometimes nothing, it keeps me together at the seames."
- Home Sweet Home, Carrie Underwood

PS, today I ate / DOMINATED my first Big Mac! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment