Sunday, August 30, 2009

Don't Forget

This, this right here is my man.

Demi Lovato would be very disappointed in me right now. For today, I remembered a lot of things that should have never been forgotten. I forgot how much I love just being outside. I forgot how much I love to hear the laughter of children. I forgot how simply beauty can be revealed. I forgot how much I love being the "older sister" to more then just one brother. I forgot how good it feels to forget about all your troubles, and the nonsense in the world and just hang around. I forgot how bright the sun can shine, and how much I can actually enjoy it. Most importantly, I forgot how good it feels to have a soccer ball between my feet. Consequently, I forgot how much of a headache physical activity brings me. Ha, I always forget these simple things, however, it makes it all the more refreshing every time I get to take part in them.

"How are you doing today?" I said politely to him.
"Ah, normal day in the life as an adult." he paused for a minute, and looked me dead in the eye, and glanced at my brother in what seemed to be almost admiration,
"I wish I could be a kid again."

Ha, I like to think I’m writing a book, but really I’m just blogging. That was just me talking to some Subway guy. I almost wanted to agree with him, until I remembered that I still am a kid. This whole thinking about college thing, and what I want to do with my life sometimes confuses that. Every time that I hang out with my little brother and neighbors, I say, ‘this is probably the last time I’ll get to do things like this’. I don’t know why I say this, because I’m clearly wrong, but my mind is still indecisive about what’s going on. The reassurance that I still have time in my life, doesn’t stop the pouring in of inconclusive thoughts about my future. I’ve never had something that literally causes me to constantly sit up at night and wonder. It shouldn’t be this big of a deal, should it? To me it is. I have some people who believe in me, believe that I can do great things, and I’m unbelievably thankful for them. There are some people who bring me back to reality, and I have to be thankful for them as well. I guess there’s a point when it’s just about me, what I want to do, and in reality what I CAN do. Also, hopefully, what I do decide to do I will be able to glorify God in some way.


‘And we know it's never simple, never easy. Never a clean break, no one here to save me. You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand.’
-Breathe, Taylor Swift


Speaking of God, today was the last youth Sunday, EVER. I’m upset over this because I really like talking to the older people and see them smile at me. Most of all, I like being able to smile at them. Scratch that, it sounds weird. Haha, the point is I really enjoy being able to be a part of the church and I feel more like I am when we have youth Sundays. I also like being able to tell them what we are doing, and thank them because most of the time without them we wouldn’t be able to do it. Point is, it was a good way to start my day. I love youth Sundays. <3
I was going to write something else that was potentially spectacular, but I forgot. I’m very forgetful these days. Tomorrow’s the beginning of another week of school. I’m actually excited, I know things are only going to get harder, but I think I’m ready for the challenge. Remember those people who believe in me? They tend to get me through it, also the ones who don’t know a thing about me. I draw courage from what I need to. This week I start Hope online, I have my first Analysis of Functions quiz, and my first Chemistry lab. It’s going to be a solid week. September is actually going to be a solid month, from what I can tell. One Tree Hill season seven starts, CSI:NY season six starts, and Rock the Universe. Score. I’m also going to read Dear John, by Nicholas Sparks. Only cause one of my favorite quotes on earth is in it, oh and Selena Gomez recommended it, HA. Really though, Nicholas gets it done. Nights in Rodanthe, that was the business. I won’t even start babbling about my ‘nights in Rodanthe’, or an hour south of there. Well, I have to wake up super early to be at school by 6:30 to make up a test. Hopefully this post wasn’t to much of a ramble. My minds kind of confused right now, so please, excuse me.

'I''ll be alone but maybe more carefree, like a kite that floats so effortlessly. I was afraid to be alone, now I'm scared thats how I'd like to be. All these faces none the same..'
-November, Azure Ray

Good song, you should consider listening to it.

Anywho, goodnight, week of new beginings.

<3


No comments:

Post a Comment